Teacher | Earl Grey Senior Public School
Reptilia provides an educational experience that is tightly linked to the Ontario curriculum. Our educational presentations employ exciting and intriguing creatures to captivate the students as well as to introduce and reinforce the concepts they are learning in class, prompting students to ask their own questions and apply what they have learned to the world around them. Through interaction with living Reptiles, Reptilia lessons not only provide a concrete application of abstract concepts, but they also encourage a greater understanding of how we, as human beings, fit into the big picture.
Direct Booking Line: 905-303-2516
- Daycare & Pre-School
- Elementary School
- Gecko Habitarium
- Secondary School
- Post Secondary
- Home Schooling
- Lunch & After School
- Scouts and Guides
- First Responders
- Junior Keeper
- Reptilia Education Foundation
Daycare & Pre-School Programs
We have provided educational and entertaining programs for over 100 daycare centres and pre-school groups. Presentations feature live reptiles and are interactive and exciting, focusing on diversity, empathy, colours, textures, or even custom topics. Your children will never forget their first encounter with a bearded dragon or an alligator!
Elementary School Programs
Learning that’s fun is learning that lasts! That’s our philosophy. Incorporating live animals and encouraging interaction, our enthusiastic educators deliver engaging lessons tied to the Ontario curriculum, providing concrete connections for abstract concepts, making the subject come to life, literally!
Gecko Habitarium Programs
The Reptilia Habitarium Program is dedicated to providing a real connection between students and the world around them, fostering a sense of responsibility, caring, and understanding, simultaneously empowering students to grasp critical concepts and formulate their own questions.
Secondary School Programs
Reptilia’s knowledgeable and enthusiastic educators can bring your classes’ curriculum to life! By providing an exciting and concrete connection to abstract material, Reptilia’s secondary school programs make the subject real for your students and will enrich their learning experience. Lesson content can be customized to fit what your students are learning in class or to introduce new topics. Whether we come to your classroom or your students come to our 25,000 square foot zoo facility, it is sure to be an experience they won’t forget. The zoo is the largest of its kind in Canada and it is home to some of the Worlds’ largest, fastest, and deadliest reptiles! Whether the subject is ecology, conservation, general biology, or even life drawing and photography, we’re the place to go.
Post Secondary Programs
Programs for post secondary level classes include workshops for students in teachers college, as well as students of veterinary medicine and animal care. All programs feature live animals and are provided by qualified educational instructors.
Home Schooling Programs
Our experienced and knowledgeable educational instructors have a great deal of experience addressing audiences of all kinds. Programs for home schoolers are rooted in biological science and customized to the needs of your group.
Lunch & After School Programs
Learning that is fun is learning that lasts! That is our motto here at Reptilia, and nowhere is that more evident than in our lunch and after school programs. Our friendly, enthusiastic cast members will delight and entertain your students, while teaching them all about the world around them. From frogs to pythons, turtles, and tarantulas, your kids will get the experience of a lifetime. Whether it is a one hour presentation or our eight-week program, every Reptilia presentation is unique, unforgettable, and designed to enrich your daycare or afterschool program.
Scouts and Guides Programs
Reptilia offers a variety of programs created specifically for Sparks, Beavers, Brownies, Cubs, Guides, Scouts, and Pathfinders. All programs emphasize a hands-on experience with live animals and can help meet badge requirements.
First Responder Program
From gators in grow ops to venomous snakes, escaped pet pythons or harmless lizards, the Reptilia First Responder course is designed to prepare first responders to deal with unexpected reptile encounters and to let them do their jobs.
Junior Keeper Program
Learn what it is like to be a Reptilia Zookeeper! Junior Keepers, aged 7-14, participate in a unique and invaluable four-week reptile experience. Together with a knowledgeable cast member, they will be guided through the world of reptiles and amphibians, engaging their minds and imaginations, building knowledge and understanding, encouraging responsibility, and most of all, having a great time!
Reptilia’s Education & Conservation Foundation
Please make a donation and help us provide Curriculum Enrichment Programs for the public education system.
For more information click here
- “The enthusiasm and professionalism your staff has for the reptiles is obvious and infectious.”Michael Schuler, Teacher Day 2015
Teacher | Earl Grey Senior Public School
- “Thank you, we had a great time, and I will definitely put it on my list of great places to take a class.”Jessica Goldberg, Teacher Day 2015
Teacher | Toronto District School Board
- “It is always a great experience at Reptilia.”Rasha Michael, Teacher Day 2015
Math and Science Special Education Teacher | Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute
- "When we announce Reptilia's programs each year, they are oversubscribed in less than a morning. We wish we could have them in all our schools as they really help our students"Vincent Citriniti
Science Administrator | Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Dear Josh and Reptilia, Thank you for letting us see and touch the reptiles. We enjoyed touching the skin the snake shed...We especially liked Puff the bearded dragon...We hope to visit Reptilia again soon.Playlearn Preschool
- "If we could have it our way as educators, we'd like one in every school. Our kids need resources, and our teachers need resources to help meet those curriculum lengths. Hands on science and hands on teaching in the classroom... Kids work effectively, they bond together and they are happier in the classroom in general, with an animal, reptile or pet... Each teacher is looking for as many resources as they can get in the classroom. A resource as rich as this one is always going to be top of their list..."Ryan Coelho
Former Manager, Science and Technology Recourse Centre | Toronto District School Board
- "I just wanted to say thank you for all your help in the planning of Reptilia's visit to our elementary school St. Matthias. Your Reptilian Educator, Ryan, was fabulous with the kids. He made all the presentations fun and enjoyable while learning at the same time. I received excellent comments from all the teachers about his presentation. Our students had a great day with Reptilia!!!! Thank You and wishing you both a fabulous summer."St. Matthias – Toronto Catholic District School Board
Emma Routledge, Chair, Edsel Mourillon, Vice Chair, Lori Pergola, Treasurer