Our camp counselors make full use of our enormous facility which to date is used by more than 3,000 schools and daycares in the GTA, to provide a safe and stimulating environment in which your camper will enjoy themselves, meet other camper friends, and learn about nature and ecology.
We will expand your camper’s mind, give them hands-on experiences, and have them remember this Winter Break camp as the best one they have ever attended!
Direct Booking Line: 905-303-2516
The 2016/2017 Winter Break Camp will run during the following dates:
- December 26 to 29 2017 inclusive
- January 1 to January 5, 2018 inclusive
- Camper drop-off time is between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- Camp runs from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Camper pick-up time is between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM
- Extended care is offered from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM (Click Camp Fees & Deposits tab for pricing)
Activities in Our Facility
We provide a safe, fun, and creative learning environment where campers learn about nature through interacting with our reptiles. Reptiles are the ‘vehicle’ we use to teach students throughout Ontario in the ‘Life Strands’ section of the Ontario Education Ministry’s Science and Technology Curriculum.
For most campers, one of the most exciting parts of Winter Break camp is the hands-on experiences with small harmless reptiles.
We are very aware of the fear that some campers may have of one or more types of reptiles, and we never attempt to have any camper do anything that makes them feel uncomfortable. Each camper decides on their level of participation and whether or not to handle any reptile they may feel a bit uncomfortable with. Funny thing is though, by the end of the week, the most fearful campers are often first in line to help with cleaning, care and feeding of the reptile they feared the most just a few days ago.
Each group will take part in age-appropriate camp activities including:
- Private reptile shows
- Learning about reptiles
- Learning how to handle the reptiles
- Preparing food and assisting in feeding some of the small lizards, turtles, and tortoises
- Have the chance to set up a habitat and take care of a reptile during the camp days
- Arts and crafts
- Reptile-related games
You have the option of choosing to either pack a lunch for your camper or purchase our lunch meal plan.
Our lunch meal plan will be provided to your child at $7.99/day. You will be able to choose the meals that your child wants to have, and it can be ordered at the time of registration by completing the camper’s menu for each day.
Pick Up & Drop Off
- Each time you drop off your camper, your camper’s counselor or our receptionist will sign your camper in.
- Each time you pick up your camper, your camper’s counselor or our receptionist will check your Driver’s License for positive ID.
If someone other than yourself is picking up your camper, they must be pre-registered by you in person with their driver’s license, which will be photocopied and placed in your file.
Very Important: Your camper will not be released to anyone unless their Driver’s License is on file accompanied by your written permission (done by our front desk at the time of booking or on the first day of camp) permitting them to pick up your camper. Please arrange to have this done prior to camp, as we do not deviate from this rule, as our emphasis is always on the importance of ensuring your camper’s complete safety.
Camp Fees & Deposits
- Camp Fees Pricing Structure:
- The daily camp rate – $69.00
- The weekly camp rate – $299.00
- Extended care weekly rate – $57.00
- Extended care daily rate – $12.00
- Extended care per 15 minutes – $4.00
All Fees subject to HST