From The Mom Of One Of Our Campers
Your kids’ one-of-a-kind adventure awaits!
Imagine a camp, where kids can hand-feed a gecko, help hold one of the world’s largest snakes, or cheer on their favourite hard-shelled competitor in our legendary turtle race!
It’s an experience of a lifetime, and one that promotes inclusion. Each ReptiCamper plays a fun, yet vital role on our special Eco-Ambassador Team, where they will not only discover new friendships, but also the importance of the coolest animals on Earth.
Catering to kids ranging in age from 4-12 years old, each select program nurtures interactivity. All of our camp counselors are passionate, confident reptiles handlers with experience working with kids, ensuring a safe and stimulating environment for our ReptiCampers.
From exclusive back stage zoo tours, live animal encounters, basic zookeeping skills, to arts & crafts, and much more – it’s all a part of the ReptiCamp adventure that your child will be bursting with excitement to share at the end of each day!
Direct Booking Line: 905-303-2516
- Reptilia’s Objectives For Your Camper
- Camp Hours
- Activities in Our Facility
- Pick Up & Drop Off
- Camp Fees & Deposits
Reptilia’s Objectives For Your Camper
Reptilia’s goals for your camper are simple – develop their appreciation for reptiles, learn about the world around them, and have lots of fun doing it.
We will expand your camper’s mind, give them hands on experiences, and have them remember this camp as the best they have ever attended!!
- Camper drop-off time is between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- Camp runs from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Camper pick-up time is between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM
- Extended care is offered from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM (Click Camp Fees & Deposits tab for pricing)
Activities in Our Facility
We provide a safe, fun, and creative learning environment where campers learn about nature through interacting with our reptiles. Reptiles are the ‘vehicle’ we use to teach students throughout Ontario in the ‘Life Strands’ section of the Ontario Education Ministry’s Science and Technology Curriculum.
For most campers, one of the most exciting parts of our Adventure Camp is the hands on experience with small harmless reptiles.
We are very aware of the fear that some campers may have of one or more types of reptiles, and we never attempt to have any camper do anything that makes them feel uncomfortable. Each camper decides on their level of participation and whether or not to handle any reptile they may feel a bit uncomfortable with. Funny thing is though, by the end of the week, the most fearful campers are often first in line to help with cleaning, care and feeding of the reptile they feared the most just a few days ago.
Each group will take part in age-appropriate camp activities including:
- Private reptile shows
- Learning about reptiles
- Learning how to handle the reptiles
- Preparing food and assisting in feeding some of the small lizards, turtles, and tortoises
- Have the chance to set up a habitat and take care of a reptile during the camp days
- Arts and crafts
- Reptile-related games
- You have the option of choosing to either pack a lunch for your camper or purchase our lunch meal plan (Catered by Boston Pizza).
- Our lunch meal plan will be provided to your child at $7.99/day. You will be able to choose the meals that your child wants to have, and it can be ordered at the time of registration by completing the camper’s menu for each day.
- Sample Camp Menu – click image below
Pick Up & Drop Off
- Each time you drop off your camper, your camper’s counselor or our receptionist will sign your camper in.
- Each time you pick up your camper, your camper’s counselor or our receptionist will check your Driver’s License for positive ID.
If someone other than yourself is picking up your camper, they must be pre-registered by you in person with their driver’s license, which will be photocopied and placed in your file.
Very Important: Your camper will not be released to anyone unless their Driver’s License is on file accompanied by your written permission (done by our front desk at the time of booking or on the first day of camp) permitting them to pick up your camper. Please arrange to have this done prior to camp, as we do not deviate from this rule, as our emphasis is always on the importance of ensuring your camper’s complete safety.
Camp Fees & Deposits
- Camp Fees Pricing Structure:
- The daily camp rate – $69.00
- The weekly camp rate – $299.00
- Extended care weekly rate – $57.00
- Extended care daily rate – $12.00
- Extended care per 15 minutes – $4.00
All Fees subject to HST
From The Mom Of One Of Our Campers